Winners are :
Susan O’Dell Krenitsky
Congrats to the winners! Please contact us at email@example.com with a subject of UNO Winner with your address so we can send you the game!
Didn’t win? We’ll have more giveaways soon!
This card game is older than me. Well, not by much, but, we won’t go there.
I just picked this up for $1 (!) at the local Walmart tonight….
What does Mattel have to say about this release?
Happy UNO® Birthday on 1/11/2011:
UNO® has a Happy Birthday on Tuesday, 1/11/11, with a special “UNO®” promotion! For a limited time only, while supplies last at participating retailers, UNO® fans nationwide will be able to purchase an iconic UNO® Retro Card Game for only $1!
- The UNO® Retro Card Game features the original color artwork and design allowing fans of all ages to go back in time while creating new game play experiences
- UNO® Retro Card Game will be available at major retailers nationwide for just $1
- The ultra popular UNO® iPhone and iPad applications from Gameloft, also will be available for the special anniversary price of $1 (1/11/11 only)
Ok, that’s cool… BUT.. How about some random knowledge and fun facts for you!
From about.com :
The following information comes from the instruction booklet included in the “Silver Anniversary” edition of UNO. A special thanks goes to Richard Sommer for submitting the information to us.“Merle Robbins, an Ohio barbershop owner, loved to play cards. One day in 1971, Merle came up with the idea for UNO and introduced the game to his family. When his family and friends began playing UNO more and more, Merle took notice. He and his family decided to pool together $8,000 and have 5,000 games made. That’s how UNO got its start!
So how did UNO go from 5,000 games to 125 million? At first, Merle sold UNO from his barbershop. A few friends and local businesses sold them, too. Then UNO took the next step towards card-game fame: Merle, the Ohio barbershop owner, sold the UNO rights to a funeral parlor owner and UNO fan from Joliet, Illinois. The cost? Fifty thousand dollars, plus royalties of 10 cents per game. International Games Inc. was formed to market UNO, and sales skyrocketed. In 1992, International Games became part of the Mattel family, and UNO had a new home.”
Didn’t know that, did ya?
And we want you to celebrate the anniversary with us.
So, we are giving away FOUR Uno 40th Anniversary Editions (I know. We’re big spenders, but, hey, a free giveaway is a free giveaway!). It starts TODAY, January 5th and ends at 10PM EST on Saturday, January 8th!
What do you have to do?
Same as always – Be our Fan on Facebook!
Well for an extra entry you can :
– Leave us a comment here telling us about your Uno memories
– Follow zooLertOfficial on Twitter (yea, we’re starting that now too!)
– Subscribe to our zooLertOfficial YouTube Channel
– Tell us how you spread the word of zooLert
– Show us where you spread the word of zooLert
(total of 5 potential extra entries!)
PS – To those of you out there wondering about possible values… Check out what the Uno 30th Anniversary Edition goes for on Amazon (ok, so you might have to hold on to it for another 10 years or so but…)
Good luck everyone!
Full giveaway rules can be found here.